Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 56

My Mom's Piano



I was supposed to have a piano lesson tonight (have I mentioned I'm taking piano lessons from my Mom?), but I forgot my music and didn't want to drive back to Layton to get it. I came to my parent's house anyway and took a photo of the piano instead.

I've always loved this piano. It is (obviously) beautiful and has a gorgeous tone. My sister and I have been fighting over who gets it when my parents kick it for as long as I can remember, and my Mom won't pick sides. It should be an interesting fight. :-)

P.S. When I told my Mom I was taking a picture of her piano she said, "WAIT! I have to dust it!"

7 comments:

Em-Cat said...

I'm getting it...I always win. You know that.

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

Sounds like something my mom would say about dusting :). I took 4 piano lessons. I loved it but just don't have time right now to practice. It's always been a dream to be able to play...

naomi3 said...

Now now girls! Let's not talk about when your parents kick the bucket! I remember doing that with my Mom's stuff! I always said that I would get her piano, and look who has it! Who has it? Farrell? If you are the youngest girl you will probably win the fight. I did! :)

p.s. I can't believe that I didn't win your contest!

Em-Cat said...

Brown-nosers never win contests...

Cecily R said...

I love that piano too! It reminds me of practicing some number for Brother Rich!

Anonymous said...

SCRAMBLE!!! (In a mom seamons voice)

Clint C. said...

Melissa! I remember playing Phantom songs on this piano. The best! I love your blog. If you get it published I would buy a copy. I'm loving this walk down memory lane. I love Ogden and you are really capturing it.
Sarah (Hale) Cresap