Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 320

Vacation Day 3 - Chloe's Blanky
The Wednesday before I left I got a phone call.  It was my sister-in-law Stephanie and she was a bit panicked.  You see, a little over 2 years ago my niece Chloe was born, and being the good auntie, I knitted her a blanket.  Well, she fell in love with the blanket and hasn't let it out of her sight...that is until Wednesday the 23rd of July.  They were shopping and she dropped her precious blanky.  Needless to say, she was a bit distraught.  

Several months ago, Stephanie had asked me if I could knit her a scarf or a mini blanket just in case the blanket Chloe was attached to unraveled  (which it was in imminent danger of doing), and I started one for her.  Well, now it was necessary.  I told Steph to hold her off as long as she could and I would knit my fingers to the bone...which is just what I did.  We told Chloe that I had found her blanky and was fixing it for her.  Believe it or not, she bought it.  The blanket is much smaller and a whole lot pinker, but she loves it just the same.  Success!

No comments: