The Love...It's amazing what you can learn in a year. 365 short days...okay in this year's case, 366.
I've learned that:
- I love people.
- Nature fascinates and frustrates me.
- I'm easily irritated.
- The city I live in is beautiful and alive.
- Kids grow up too fast.
- Patience is not my strong point.
- Even when I feel stagnant, I'm moving forward.
- If I'm not looking, I might miss something very important.
- God exists and he's everywhere...okay, I already knew that one.
- Every moment, every millisecond counts.
- If you go back tomorrow it might not be there.
- Friends don't go away.
- I can ALWAYS count on my family.
- There is beauty in every face.
- If you're bored, look at it from a new angle.
There aren't really words to express what this year has taught me and how much I've grown. This project hasn't been just a "photography" project, it's been a life project. I started this year looking for my photographic style and ended up finding myself. Living life through the lens of a camera has taught me to open my eyes and truly see my world. And it's a pretty incredible place.
So thank you friends who have stuck with me from the beginning. Thank you family who have loved every picture...even the not so good ones. Thank you old friends who have reminded me that you are always there and always supportive. Thank you new friends who have opened my eyes to the beauty and joy of the world. Thank you silent friends who, while I may not be able to see or hear you, you've been a rock to build on.
Mostly, thank you LARA! You have been my constant, my partner in crime, and one of the best friends I could and would ever ask for.
This year will be one for the history books...even if it is only my own.
p.s. Don't forget that this is a leap year and we still have one more day. :-)
Once upon a time, afraid that I was running out of space on Blogger, I thought about shutting down this blog and switching to a different site. So I set up a whole new blog, with all the same pictures and dates, at a place called Aminus3. As it turned out, I figured out the space issue and left this blog running, but left the other running as well. Aminus3 turned out to be an amazing community of photographers from all over the world who helped me tremendously.
Okay, the point of this story is, I was looking around on the website and found my little 365 blog highlighted on the homepage. This is a good day! :-)